MetLife said that this JV follows the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that was previously signed by both parties in July this year.

The new JV will expand MetLife’s presence in emerging markets and will also represent BIDV’s strategic direction into the field of life insurance, which is in line with and complements the bank’s business tradition.

According to MetLife, the joint venture will initially focus on offering life and health insurance products. It will leverage the strengths of two exceptional companies to create a strong and trusted insurance provider.

Expected to be operational in 2014, the proposed JV will have a charter capital of VND1trn (approximately $48m), and MetLife will own 60% of the company while BIDV and BIC will have the remaining 40%.

MetLife president for Asia, Chris Townsend, said the partnership will enable to deliver a suite of innovative life insurance products to customers in Vietnam in order to provide them with the ability to achieve and maintain their financial security.

In addition, the JV will also leverage BIDV’s understanding of the financial needs of Vietnamese customers and its large national branch network of more than 600 distribution points.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.