North America’s insurance industry saw a rise of 4.55% in deal activity during April 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by byFounders, Creandum, DG Ventures, Kinnevik and Mundi Ventures’ $35m venture financing deal with Safety Nest, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 23 insurance industry deals worth $91.4m were announced for the region in April 2022, against the 12-month average of 22 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in April 2022 with 13 transactions, representing a 56.5% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with ten deals capturing a 43.5% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in North America’s insurance industry with $83.94m, followed by M&A deals totalled $7.5m.
North America insurance industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five insurance deals accounted for 80.4% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five insurance deals stood at $73.5m, against the overall value of $91.4m recorded for the month.
The top five insurance industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) byFounders,Creandum,DG Ventures,Kinnevik and Mundi Ventures $35m venture financing deal with Safety Nest
2) The $15m venture financing of Covr Financial Technologies by Aflac Ventures Fund,Allianz Life Ventures,Commerce Ventures Management,Connecticut Innovations,Contour Venture Partners,Fairview Capital Investment Management,Sony Innovation Fund,Stone Point Capital and Tribeca Angels
3) Brand Foundry Ventures,Hyde Park Angels and Western Technology Investment $9m venture financing deal with BriteCo
4) The $7.5m acquisition of Barra & Associates by Reliance Global Group
5) IA Capital Group,Impression Ventures,SBLI USA Life InsuranceInc and Western & Southern Life $7m venture financing deal with Afficiency