Total Life insurance industry deals worth $81.9m were announced globally for April 2022, with the $35m venture financing of Safety Nest being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 89.2% over the previous month of $754.46m and a drop of 96.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.19bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 10% with 27 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 30 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $69.54m in April 2022.
Life insurance industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 82.7% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $67.74m, against the overall value of $81.9m recorded for the month.
The top five Life insurance industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) byFounders,Creandum,DG Ventures,Kinnevik and Mundi Ventures $35m venture financing deal with Safety Nest
2) The $15m venture financing of Covr Financial Technologies by Aflac Ventures Fund,Allianz Life Ventures,Commerce Ventures Management,Connecticut Innovations,Contour Venture Partners,Fairview Capital Investment Management,Sony Innovation Fund,Stone Point Capital and Tribeca Angels
3) IA Capital Group,Impression Ventures,SBLI USA Life InsuranceInc and Western & Southern Life $7m venture financing deal with Afficiency
4) The $6m venture financing of Insoore by Azimut Digitech Fund,GELLIFY,Lumen Ventures and Proximity Capital Group
5) Investissement Quebec,Luge Capital and Tactico $4.75m venture financing deal with Emma Services Financiers