Total life insurance industry deals worth $754.5m were announced globally for March 2022, with the $278m acquisition of Blue Care JV (BVI)(Hong Kong) and Blue Cross (Asia-Pacific) Insurance being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 77.6% over the previous month of $3.37bn and a drop of 71.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.64bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 10.00% with 27 deals in March 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 30 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $370.19m in March 2022.
life insurance industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 88.8% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $670.19m, against the overall value of $754.5m recorded for the month.
The top five life insurance industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AIA Group $278m acquisition deal with Blue Care JV (BVI)(Hong Kong) and Blue Cross (Asia-Pacific) Insurance
2) The $125m venture financing of PolicyGenius by AXA Venture Partners,Brighthouse Financial,Global Atlantic Financial Group,IA Financial Group,KKRInc,Lincoln Financial,Mass Mutual Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners,Pacific Life Insurance and Revolution Ventures
3) BBH Capital Partners $100m private equity deal with Synex Business Performance
4) The $92.19m acquisition of Aetna Health Insurance (Thailand) PublicLimited by Allianz Ayudhya Capital
5) AXA Venture Partners,FirstMark Capital,Georgian,Revelation Partners and Split Rock Partners $75m venture financing deal with Gravie
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.