Total life insurance industry deals worth $692.2m were announced globally for October 2021, with the $210m private equity deal with Title Resources Guaranty being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 81% over the previous month of $3.64bn and a drop of 84.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.54bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.33% with 26 deals in October 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 30 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $376.35m in October 2021.
life insurance industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 83% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $574.33m, against the overall value of $692.2m recorded for the month.
The top five life insurance industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Centerbridge Partners $210m private equity deal for 70% stake in Title Resources Guaranty
2) The $122.54m acquisition of 23% stake in Paytm Insuretech by Swiss Re and Vijay Shekhar Sharma
3) OMERS Growth Equity and Thomvest Ventures $100m venture financing deal for 23% stake in Ladder Financial
4) The $93m venture financing of GetSafe by Abacon Capital,CommerzVentures,Earlybird Venture Capital GmbHKG and Swiss Re
5) European Bank for Reconstruction and Development $48.78m acquisition deal with Euroins Insurance Group