HDI Seguros’ $253.8m acquisition deal with Sompo Seguros was the Life insurance industry’s biggest cross border deal of Q2 2022 as cross border deals worth $514.9m were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 82.8% over the previous quarter and a drop of 85.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $3.54bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 33.33% with 21 deals in Q2 2022 against the average of 31.50 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $260.12m.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Life insurance industry cross border deals in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five Life insurance industry cross border deals accounted for 60.9% of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $313.71m, against the overall value of $514.9m recorded for the quarter.
The top five Life insurance industry cross border deals of Q2 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) HDI Seguros $253.8m acquisition deal with Sompo Seguros
2) The $35m acquisition of Safety Nest by byFounders,Creandum,DG Ventures,Kinnevik and Mundi Ventures
3) Caroline Hjelm,Felix Capital Partners,Fredrik Hjelm,Inventure,Josefin Landgard,Karl-Johan Persson and Passion Capital $11.59m venture financing deal with Lassie
4) The $7m venture financing of Afficiency by IA Capital Group,Impression Ventures,SBLI USA Life InsuranceInc and Western & Southern Life
5) Munich Re Ventures $6.32m venture financing deal with Azos Tecnologia E Corretagem De Seguros