Total insurance industry deals worth $719.4m were announced globally for October 2021, with the $210m private equity deal with Title Resources Guaranty being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 81.7% over the previous month of $3.93bn and a drop of 88.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.2bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 8.89% with 41 deals in October 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 45 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $391.35m in October 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
insurance industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 79.8% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $574.33m, against the overall value of $719.4m recorded for the month.
The top five insurance industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Centerbridge Partners $210m private equity deal for 70% stake in Title Resources Guaranty
2) The $122.54m acquisition of 23% stake in Paytm Insuretech by Swiss Re and Vijay Shekhar Sharma
3) OMERS Growth Equity and Thomvest Ventures $100m venture financing deal for 23% stake in Ladder Financial
4) The $93m venture financing of GetSafe by Abacon Capital,CommerzVentures,Earlybird Venture Capital GmbHKG and Swiss Re
5) European Bank for Reconstruction and Development $48.78m acquisition deal with Euroins Insurance Group