Total insurance industry deals worth $12.5bn were announced globally for March 2022, with Berkshire Hathaway $11.6bn acquisition of Alleghany being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 256.1% over the previous month of $3.51bn and a rise of 227.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.82bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 24.44% with 34 deals in March 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 45 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $12.05bn in March 2022.
insurance industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 97.6% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $12.2bn, against the overall value of $12.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five insurance industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Berkshire Hathaway $11.6bn acquisition deal with Alleghany
2) The $278m acquisition of Blue Care JV (BVI)(Hong Kong) and Blue Cross (Asia-Pacific) Insurance by AIA Group
3) AXA Venture Partners,Brighthouse Financial,Global Atlantic Financial Group,IA Financial Group,KKRInc,Lincoln Financial,Mass Mutual Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners,Pacific Life Insurance and Revolution Ventures $125m venture financing deal with PolicyGenius
4) The $100m private equity of Synex Business Performance by BBH Capital Partners
5) Allianz Ayudhya Capital $92.19m acquisition deal with Aetna Health Insurance (Thailand) PublicLimited