Total life insurance industry deals worth $5bn were announced globally for July 2021, with Blackstone Group $2.2bn private equity deal for 9.9% stake in SAFG Retirement being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 215.8% over the previous month of $1.58bn and a rise of 21.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.1bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 48% with 37 deals in July 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 25 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.8bn in July 2021.
life insurance industry deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 80.3% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $4.01bn, against the overall value of $5bn recorded for the month.
The top five life insurance industry deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blackstone Group $2.2bn private equity deal for 9.9% stake in SAFG Retirement
2) The $594.27m acquisition of Liberty Holdings by Standard Bank Group
3) Embark Group $541.39m acquisition deal with Lloyds Banking Group
4) The $272m acquisition of Ark Life Assurancedac by Irish Life Group
5) InTelCo Management $398m acquisition deal with Delticus Holdco