Life insurance was the driving force for premium volume growth in Latin America during the first half of 2015, according to a new report from Mapfre.

Mapfre said in H1 2015 the Latin American insurance market received a premium volume of €69.9bn ($79.2m) of which 58.3% corresponded to non-life insurance lines and the remaining 41.7% to life insurance lines.

The total premium volume for H1 2015 increased year-on-year (YoY) by 13.3%, representing considerable growth.
By insurance lines, the increase in H1 2015 was greater in life insurance (19.9%) than in non-life insurance (8.9%).

Data from a Mapfre report, The Latin American Insurance Market 2014-2015, reveals in the largest market, Brazil, the total premium volume in H1 2015 increased YoY by 8.6% thanks to the YoY strong growth of life insurance business lines (18.4%), which offset the decrease of non-life lines (3.3%).

With the only exceptions being Brazil and Venezuela, the Mapfre report noted that premiums grew in both the life and non-life insurance business in H1 2015.

Of the 19 Latin American markets featured in the report, Uruguay experienced the greatest increase in life insurance premium volume in H1 2015 with a YoY rise of 46.2%.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.




Source: Mapfre